(1) About cookies
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website. Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For more information see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
1.a) Session and persistent cookies
Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session (from when a user opens the browser window to when they exit the browser) or they can be stored for longer.
- Session cookies – allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. These session cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term. For this reason session cookies may be considered less privacy intrusive than persistent cookies.
- Persistent cookies – are stored on a users’ device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered.
1.b) First and third party cookies
Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the website or domain placing the cookie.
- First party cookies in basic terms are cookies set by a website visited by the user / the website displayed in the URL window.
- Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the one being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website this would be a third party cookie.
On this website we use:
1) Session cookies:
|JSESSIONID||Generated when the user's HTTP session is created, and maintained throughout the session|
|JSSCounter||This is counter that adds up how many pages of the Survey running every quarter on Luxottica.com have been visited.|
Numeric hash of account (e.g.: 53891381)
2) Persistent cookies:
|__utmz||This cookie keep track of the following information: numeric hash of account data, access time stamp, access specific information, number of hits, keywords, source and country. The validity period is six months.|
|__utmb||This cookie keep track of the following information: numeric hash of account data, access timestamp, some information related access. The validity period is half an hour.|
|__utma||This cookie keep track of the following information: numeric hash of account data, random number, timestamp, number of hits . The validity period is two years.|
|__unam||This third party cookie is used by the ShareThis service and allow you to use the Share buttons on each page across various social networks such as Twitter, Facebook etc. The “_unam” cookie monitors web pages viewed, navigation and time spent on each page. The ShareThis service only personally identifies you if you have separately signed up with ShareThis and given them your consent.|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users by Google Analytics.|
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
(3) to improve the website’s usability;
(4) to analyse the use of our website;
(5) in the administration of this website;
(6) to prevent fraud and improve the security of the website;
(7) to personalise our website for you
(3) Blocking/Managing cookies
You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, negatively affect the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use login/account and facet application featured on websites you may browse and it will affect some of features available on this website.
(4) Deleting cookies
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer: check the "Help" menu of your browser.
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835;
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy” and then choosing “Use Custom Settings for History” from the History drop down menu settings, the clicking “Clear cookies” when the menu “Show cookies” appears with the list.
(5) Contact us
This website is owned and operated by Luxottica Group.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us by email email@example.com